Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Daenerys Photo Study

I've been wanting to work on my lighting and fabric capabilities, and realized while watching the third season of Game of Thrones just how much I loved the "look" of it as a whole. The costumes are great, the lighting, the emotions, as well as the landscapes. It was then I decided that taking the time to study some screencaps might be good for me, especially when it comes to trying to tackle armor.

The first one I chose was of Daenerys. I loved her pose in this photo and wanted to mimic it in my own style. I wasn't going for a direct copy, but more to observe the colors and the overall feel of the image. There are some anatomy mistakes that really bother me, as well as the rendering on the rocks. I spent about 4-5 hours on it and felt that I got what I wanted from this lesson. I'll be looking forward to doing more in the near future!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment